- Learn about the drum set (both acoustic and electric).
- Learn about Rhythm: time signature, note durations, & syncopation.
- Learn how to read drum beats, drum fills and drum transcriptions.
- Learn different styles and drum parts to suit every genre's rhythmic needs.
- Learn proper technique to make your playing as efficient as possible.
- Learn about drum solo's and improvisation
- Learn about song forms and how the drums help define and improve different parts of a song.
- Learn the most effective and efficient ways to practice
Additional Program – Playing with a Bass Player for Drummers
|Now that you know the beats what are you going to do with them? There's a huge difference between knowing some drum beats and being able to use and play them in a realistic musical situation.
The djembe can produce a wide variety of sounds, making it a most versatile drum. The drum is very loud, allowing it to be heard clearly as a solo instrument over a large percussion ensemble. The Malinke People say that a skilled drummer is one who "can make the djembe talk", meaning that the player can tell an emotional story.
- FREE TRIAL (20 minute Introduction)
- Individual Lesson $70.00
- 4 pack Individual Lessons $64.40 per lesson
- 10 pack Individual Lessons $56.00 per lesson
- Trial Lesson Home/Office $60.00 (30 minutes)
- Home/Office Lesson - $90.00
- All Individual Lessons are 55 minutes (except Trial lessons)
- Lesson Packages are exclusively for you. Sorry you can't transfer your lesson pack to someone else. They never expire and they're non-refundable.
Our teachers have reserved the time for you. In the case of studio lessons, we have reserved a room for you, and in the case of home lessons, the teacher is scheduling their day to accomodate you, therefor 48 hours cancellation notice is most appreciated. With 48 hours notice we don't have to charge you because there is sufficient time to rebook the room and for a teacher to adjust their schedules.